1. Breathe all the way in, taking 3 to 5 seconds. Fill your belly all the way with air, and then fill your chest all the way with air -- all to where you entire belly and chest is filled completely.
2. Breathe all the way out, taking 2 to 4 seconds. Let it be a relaxing sigh. Consciously and deliberately relax your whole body completely.
3. Then immediately breathe all the way in again, and repeat.
4. Take 12 deep breaths in a row in this way, allowing no pauses between your inhale and exhale. When your mind wanders, just bring it back to the breath.
5. Do this 4 times a day, for a total of 48 deep, belly and chest-expanding breaths.
6. Optionally -- with each inhaling breath, expand your heart and your consciousness to connect with the energy of universal love, (however you understand this love to be) and with each exhaling breath, pour this love through your body and mind.
Whenever you are stressed out, worried, anxious -- pause everything you are doing -- and take 12 deep breaths in this way. Rest in a state of expanded awareness for a moment, and then come back again to whatever you were doing. You will find how this practice totally shifts everything.
You can breath through your mouth or your nose. Breathing through your mouth allows you to inhale more oxygen. It is more emotionally and energetically intense. On the other hand, breathing through your nose is very energizing mentally, and can help you balance and calm your emotions. Try both.
Your body and mind will benefit most from sustained and continuous practice, every day. Give yourself a 48 day challenge: Do at least 48 breaths like this every day for 48 days. This can have a major impact on:
- Your relationships.
- Your sleep.
- Your energy levels.
- Your weight.
- Your spiritual connection.
- Your sense of humor.
- Your ability to sense energy and information beyond your 5 senses.